The safety of our members is a priority for Liftshare, and we have made all of our websites as secure as we can. All members' details are stored securely in the database which fully complies with the Data Protection Act and only the member's intended travel information can be accessed online. For more information about the Data Protection Act please visit the following link: https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
When it comes to travelling, every member is responsible for his or her own safety. However Liftshare do recommend that members follow some simple security measures outlined below:
- Avoid exchanging home addresses with your travelling companion before you meet them.
- Arrange to meet in a public place.
- Inform a friend or family member of who you will be travelling with, when and to where.
- Make sure you show each other your I.D.s - passports, student cards or driving licences - so you know you're travelling with the right person.
- You are under no obligation to travel together. If you have any doubts about your travelling companion, for any reason, you should avoid travelling with them.
- If you have any problems please call us immediately on 01603 389321 and we will endeavour to help in any way that we can. Our phone line is covered 08:45 - 17:30; outside of these hours please leave a message.
For more information about safety and security of personal information please read Terms and Conditions.
Will my e-mail address be visible to other users?
No, your email address is kept hidden at all times. The only information that is visible to other users is your 'usually called' name, your smoking preference, your age range, your gender and the journey details you added. Your last name and home post code are not shown to other users.